Saturday, September 22, 2007

PIJAMADA!!

Keeping up with the blog is so much easier when I have fun pictures to share :)

Last night we (Kristin & I) had our second pijamada (sleepover) with girls that have been attending bible study. This time it was the older girls' turn. We actually had a lot show up that had never come to the bible study before, so that was kinda neat!

Last night did, however, reinforce one Costa Rican stereotype . . . let me explain . . . the girls went from saying, "we'll be there after school", to "we'll be there at 4:30", to "we'll be there at 6:00", to actually arriving around 7:30!! We were glad when they did arrive & it was a great night!!

We had 11 Seniors with us and they were a lot of fun. We ordered pizza, made collage frames, made soft pretzels, watched "Fever Pitch" and "The Notebook" (classic sleepover movie here). Kristin & I "went to bed" around 4:30 and most of the girls stayed up til 5ish and took advantage of other sleepers by writing on their faces with eyeliner (oops!). We got up around 8 and made pancakes, eggs, and sausage for the girls. Then they helped us clean up and were on their way. I'm glad it turned out as wonderfully as it did & thank God for the opportunity to have met these girls. They always bring a smile to my face and will be sorely missed next year at Palabra de Vida!! Here are the pictures - enjoy!

Mmmm pizza!

Making Frames

yikes!!

The group between movies -

this is the picture I'll put in the frames they made :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YIKES is right....what a mess, but it wound slike you had a great time. What a great group picture you took.

Anne Marie said...

this looks like a lot of fun. some of my best memories are with my small group of high school girls :)